Pro Helvetia, the Swiss Arts Council, is a public-law foundation, entirely funded by the Swiss Confederation. Pro Helvetia promotes artistic creation in Switzerland and fosters cultural exchange abroad. It runs a regional liaison office in Shanghai, which facilitates Swiss cultural projects in China in partnership with local event organisers, stimulates cultural exchange, initiates co-productions and supports residencies. For more information, please consult www.prohelvetia.ch and www.prohelvetia.cn.
Head of Pro Helvetia Shanghai
You will be responsible for the overall management (conceptual as well as administrative and financial) of the liaison office with a team of 4 employees, working in close cooperation with the Swiss Arts Council’s head office in Zurich, Switzerland.
You will manage and strategically develop the Swiss Arts Council’s activities within China, set up and monitor the annual programmes and process applications in all artistic disciplines. You will build networks with the arts sector in China and in Switzerland and maintain relations with other foreign arts councils, Swiss representations (in particular: Swiss Embassy and Consulates, swissnex) and regional arts and cultural bodies. You will co-produce events with Swiss artists in China and ensure the administration involved in these projects.
- University degree or equivalent education;
- Competence in conceptual thinking and willingness to take on responsibility; excellent communication and networking skills;
- Experience in cultural project management and administrative work, including expertise in financial management and accountancy;
- Thorough knowledge of the contemporary cultural scenes in China and professional experience within, preferably, more than one artistic discipline;
- Familiarity with the international (incl. European) arts environment and strong cross-cultural sensibilities;
- Excellent knowledge of Mandarin Chinese (written and spoken), fluent in English (written and spoken), knowledge of German, French or Italian is an asset;
- Experience with the production and organisation of cultural events;
- Experience in personnel management; good organisational and interpersonal skills and willingness to work hands-on.
This is a full-time position.
Starting date: 1 August 2018 or upon agreement
Kindly forward a motivation letter, a CV and certificates/diplomas (pdf), as well as a scan of an identity document to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Wednesday, 7 February 2018.
Only electronic applications in English will be accepted.