A Commitment to Swiss Arts and Culture
Pro Helvetia Shanghai is committed to cultural exchange between Switzerland and China since 2010. The head office of Pro Helvetia, the Swiss Arts Council is based in Zurich, Switzerland. We thank you for your interest in joining Pro Helvetia Shanghai and committing to our goals in a diverse and dynamic work environment.
As a publicly financed institution, we try to keep our administrative costs as low as possible. We therefore ask you not to send us any unsolicited job application.
Pro Helvetia Shanghai is currently looking for local staff in the following position:
Full-time Project Assistant (100%, Temporary)
Type: Full-time (100%), temporary
Location: 3F-R14, 3rd Floor, Building 1, No.1107, Yuyuan Road, Changning District, Shanghai
Employment duration: September 1, 2019 to January 31, 2020
Deadline: Apply by the end of June 16, 2019
Please send your CV and a motivation letter (in both Chinese and English, send as pdf) and related files (recommendation letters, not required) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Write email title as “Project Assistant + Applicant Name”. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by phone to arrange interviews.
- Implementing agreed projects and events.
- Supporting the relationship management with external and internal arts stakeholders.
- Coordinating with the bookkeeper for payments related to the projects.
- Documentation of projects and processing applications via Pro Helvetia application system.
- Maintenance of CRM database.
- General archiving and filing.
- Assisting the Communication Officer with collecting media clippings, preparing promotional materials, and maintaining media network.
- B.A. or B.S./ M.S. or M.A., preferably in Project Management or Arts Management.
- Excellent writing skills in Chinese and English, knowledge of German and/or French is an asset.
- Professional experience in a similar position or with relevant training.
- Knowledge of the contemporary art and cultural scene in China.
- Strong ability to communicate in an international environment.